It’s only 5 weeks until Christmas, but that’s plenty of time for your children to make one or more of these easy Christmas Cookie Recipes! Consider using them as giveaways or holiday treats.
CANDY CANE COOKIES
- 0.5 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour and extract until smooth. Divide the dough in half and mix the food coloring in to one portion.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of each color dough into 6 inch ropes. Place the ropes side by side, press together, and lightly twist.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; curve into a candy cane shape. Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks.
CHRISTMAS CORNFLAKE WREATH COOKIES
YIELD: 16 wreaths
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 6 cups corn flakes
- red cinnamon candies
- 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in food coloring.
- Add corn flakes cereal. Stir until well coated
- Using 1/4 cup dry measure coated with cooking spray, evenly portion warm cereal mixture. Using buttered fingers, quickly shape into individual wreaths. Dot with cinnamon candies.
Recipes sourced from http://www.food.com/ideas/holiday-desserts-for-kids-6123?c=10688. Visit the site for more Christmas recipe ideas!
Global Montessori has been providing infant/toddler daycare, preschool and elementary school programs in Langley and surrounding areas since 1988. In addition to daycare programs, Global Montessori also provides before and after school care for kindergarten and elementary children for parents who require the extra care.