Easter Treats: Shredded Wheat Nests – A spin on traditional chocolate cornflake cakes, this version uses extra-fine strands of wheat for great texture.
PREP: 25 MINS | COOK: 8 MINS plus chilling | MAKES 12
- 200g milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 85g shredded wheat, crushed
- 2 x 100g bags mini chocolate eggs
You’ll also need
- cupcake cases
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water. Pour the chocolate over the shredded wheat and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the chocolate wheat into 12 cupcake cases and press the back of a teaspoon in the centre to create a nest shape. Place 3 mini chocolate eggs on top of each nest. Chill the nests in the fridge for 2 hrs until set.
Recipe from Good Food magazine, April 2012
Global Montessori has been providing daycare, preschool and elementary in Langley and surrounding areas for the past 27 years. In addition to daycare programs, Global Montessori also provides before and after care for kindergarten and elementary children for parents who require the extra care.