Just in time for a backyard smorgasbord (or BBQ)! Try these refreshing, easy-to-make appetizers…
- A cheese knife with slot or a wire cheese cutter
- A fancy plate
- 1 package of Swedish crisp bread (or thin flat crackers)
- 1 package Swedish carmelized goat cheese or any other cheese
- Grapes – washed and cut in half
- 6 strawberries – washed and cut in slices
- 1 apple – cut in thin slices and soaked in lemon water
- Sprigs of parsley
- A little adult help
Smorgas are known for their eye appeal. So most of this recipe is about arranging things in a charming way.
- Take a piece of crisp bread and crack it in half. It’s a little tricky sometimes, so don’t get discouraged. You might ask for a little help because this thin, crispy bread can break into a bunch of pieces instead of just two.
- Cut the cheese into very thin slices. Arrange the slice on the crisp bread.
- Lay apple or strawberry slices over the cheese. Or arrange a few grapes and an apple slice on the cheese.
- Add a tiny spring of parsley for decoration. Our favorite combo was strawberry and cheese with a tiny parsley. Let us know what yours is.
- Arrange the smorgas on the plate and take them to your smorgasbord.